Saturday 22 March 2014

Final week of the £1 per day challenge and I've already hit £3,000!

I am absolutely over the moon to announce that, thanks to all your generous donations, I hit my fundraising target of £3,000 today! :-) Thank you so much to everyone who donated and made this possible, I appreciate it more that you will ever know.

This doesn't mean that the fundraising has stopped. In fact, I am on a mission to raise as much as I can in the remaining 11 days as the more I can raise the more orphans in DRC I can help. Since launching Mission Congo I have been contacted by a dozen or more organisations in DRC who run projects to help orphans as well as rape victims and child soldiers in DRC and I really want to help as many people as I can so please spread the word and let's see how much we can raise before I leave in 11 days.

Today is also the start of my final week on the £1 per day challenge. This week I've changed tactics and gone for a vegetarian diet which means I can use the money I usually spend on meat to buy lots of healthy veggies and also treat myself to a bar of chocolate which I have been craving for the last 3 weeks!

Here is my food for the week. Total spend = £6.84



This week Carole came to Aldi with me and was amazed at how much more she could get compared to her usual weekly shop at Sainsburys. Her total spend was just under £7 but it was her best week yet and she was even able to treat herself to a pack of biscuits!


If you would like to support us during our final week of feeding ourselves on just £1 per day please visit the fundraising page: www.indiegogo.com/projects/mission-congo.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment