Thursday 3 April 2014

The fundraising is over... THANK YOU for all your donations!

The fundraising is finally over and I am absolutely over the moon to announce that I have exceeded my original target by a whopping £350 giving Mission Congo a grand total of £3,350!


I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has donated to the Mission Congo project. Everyone keeps telling me how well I've done but it is all down to the generosity of the 84 people who kindly donated some hard earned pennies to a good cause. I promise to put all that money to good use!

I would also like to say thank you to those people who have donated clothes, shoes and toys for the little ones, jewellery and scarves for the ladies, ties and caps for the men, digital cameras and even a laptop (thanks Sis!).

I also need to say thank you to the companies that have very kindly donated school exercise books, pencils, crayons and bed nets as well as Durbin House who have arranged for me to receive thousands of pounds of medical supplies at about 10% of the normal cost.

I have so many supplies to take that I had to call BA today to increase my baggage allowance as I now have 12 boxes to take!

Only 3 sleeps to go. So excited now! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment