Saturday 5 April 2014

I'm going to the Congo tomorrow!

Apologies for the lack of blogging over the last couple of days but I've been so busy getting all the final preparations sorted for my trip to the Congo - mostly packing up all 12 boxes of supplies - as well as spending as much time as I could seeing family and friends before I left that I just haven't had time to write.

So it's now 11.30pm and I've finally finished packing! I'm so exhausted I can't wait to go to sleep because I need to be up at 7am to load the van and hit the road. My mum and sis are kindly driving me to Heathrow where my flight to Entebbe leaves at midday.

I can't believe I'm actually going to the Congo tomorrow! I think my brain has sort of blocked it out to keep me from totally freaking out. At the moment I'm about 90% excited and 10% the most scared I have ever been but that fear is the buzz of adventure and I absolutely love it! :-)

Thanks again for all the support and for all the messages wishing me well on the project and a safe return home. I'll be in touch as much as I can while I'm out there so you can all see the massive difference that your donations have made to the orphans in DRC.

See you all in a few weeks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment