Monday 28 April 2014

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!


I know you all love to read this blog to find out what I've been up to in my mission to help the orphans in Congo but tonight is a little different. Instead of writing about the orphans here and the crazy few days I have had with them, tonight I would like to write about all of you…

I am so grateful for the incredible support that you have given me and for all the generous donations that have flooded in since I launched the 2nd fundraising project yesterday. I can't tell you how completely amazed I was when I returned back to the office after another 14 hour day to find that in just 24 hours I have received £750 worth of donations. Let's just say I haven't cried while I've been here but I did tonight!

What I'm really astonished by is the amount of people who don't even know me but who believe in what I'm trying to achieve out here and have donated money to the project to show their support. I knew all my friends and family would but they kind of had to right?! ;-) But to those of you who I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet but who have generously donated anyway this post is for you. THANK YOU so much!

As you'll read from the blog so far and also from the next post which should be up tomorrow, I have finally scratched the surface here and am starting to make a real difference for those orphans that need it most and that was always the point of this project - taking the time to find those most in need and work out the best way of helping them. 

As I'm sure you can imagine after 3 weeks here I was starting to run low on funds as there are so many orphans that need help and often the thing that most of them miss out on is education which is why it's brilliant that so many of you have chosen to sponsor an orphan to go to school. This really is one of the biggest differences you can make for them so once again, thank you!

As it's already 10pm here and I have an early morning flight and still haven't had a wash or packed yet I'm going to sign off now but will leave you with this photo of me and all of the orphans that I saw today. They would like to say THANK YOU too! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment